The portion of English Bay to the south of the club is part of the Port of Vancouver, and is an active shipping channel. The Harbour Master requires that the No Sailing limits be strictly observed at all times. Fines for violation are considerable: $500-$250,000. All club members must observe the following limits:
- Do not sail south of a line (1) between Point Atkinson and the North Pier (Tower) of the Lions Gate Bridge, or east of a line (2) between Fergusson Point and Navvy Jack Point.
- Do not sail east of Siwash Rock and the Ambleside Snack Bar.
- Do not sail east of the storm sewer outfall during the swimming season.
- Stay well clear of the Ambleside Pier during high winds, strong tidal currents, and active fishing.
- When crossing to the south of English Bay allow ample sea room and cross west of the outlet at McDonald Creek. Cross shipping lanes at right angles and with extreme caution – sailing boats have no right of way over commercial shipping vessels.